Best Dallas Wedding Venues of 2022
Our editors independently research, test and recommend the best products; you can read more about our review process here. We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! Now comes the hardest part: figuring out which of the many wedding venues in Dallas is the perfect place to get married. You’ll want to reserve your spot of choice as early as possible, as some venues book up years in advance. To make the whole process easier, we’ve rounded up some of the best places to choose from, along with all the information you need to make an informed decision.
On this list, you will find various venues that vary in price, capacity, location, and package offerings. Whatever type of venue you are looking for, you are bound to find it here.
There are so many options to choose from when it comes to selecting the best wedding venues in Dallas. But the Dallas Arboretum earns our top spot for its beautiful setting, relatively affordable price, and range of locations and packages (making it a much more curated experience than most).
Guide to choosing the best wedding venues in Dallas
Is a Dallas Wedding Venue Right for You?
“I’ve had quite a few clients who live in other states get married here in Dallas,” says Ashley Mason of Saunter Weddings. “When I asked them why they chose to get married here, the answer was location. The airport hub is quite central to other states and it’s easy to travel internationally, which which is a major factor in customer experience when planning a destination. [wedding]. ”
According to Mason, the quality of vendors and value for money are also factors that set Dallas apart as a wedding destination. “Dallas is also home to some of the world’s most famous wedding vendors and offers a variety of venues, from upscale barns to vineyard parties and artfully designed ballrooms,” she says. “[Also], the cost of planning a wedding here compared to more well-known destinations is hard to beat, leaving more room in the budget to go the extra mile creatively.”
Dallas Wedding Venues Comparison
Consider these top criteria when looking for the perfect wedding venue in Dallas:
- Pricing: When it comes to pricing, every site is different. Some may be full-service locations, which means they have everything you need for your special day. Some are DIY, so you’ll have to bring it all in yourself. And, from there, there are many other options in between. Think about what’s included and what’s not, and be sure to assess everything so you don’t go over your total budget.
- Layout/Capacity: Make sure there’s enough space for all your guests to mingle – a venue with multiple layout options is ideal. “As a designer, I look for places with flexible spaces so we’re not locked into one plane,” Mason says. “It allows more creative freedom to play around with layouts and customize them.”
- Opening hours/restrictions: If you plan to dance into the wee hours of the night with your guests, make sure your venue doesn’t require you to leave before 10 p.m. (or charge a fee if you stay past a certain time). “Any venue with extended rental hours is an added bonus, as some celebrations span days with multiple events and complex builds,” Mason says. Many sites also have noise restrictions.
- Client experience : It’s important to think about the experience of your guests, especially if you’re hosting a destination wedding or inviting lots of strangers. Look for a venue near good hotels and ask about a block of rooms or a special rate for your guests.
- Car park: It might not be as sexy as the decor or the music, but parking is one of the most important things to consider before booking a venue. Be sure to find out if the site offers free parking (and if not, check to see if they can help arrange shuttles) and how many cars they can accommodate.
- Aesthetic: It should be noted that it is important to stick to the place that matches your aesthetic and makes you feel you— don’t settle for a location/view that looks like an Instagram ad.
Book your wedding venue in Dallas today
To start the booking process, couples should request pricing information instead. This information should include the expected number of guests, the day of the week, and the total cost. Some sites have this information listed online; for others, you may need to request a quote via their contact form, email or phone. Once you have received the pricing information, you can choose a plan, as well as additional equipment/features. You will then select a payment schedule and make a deposit.
Definitely speak to a planner before securing your site. “There are always questions that planners know how to ask based on our experiences. The answers to these questions can be decisive or conclusive, so it’s important to book a planner before you sign the dotted line,” says Mason.
A planner may also be able to help you get information about new sites before that information becomes available to the general public. According to Mason, “new venues are opening every year. If you don’t see your ideal dates available in your chosen space, speak with your planner to get the inside scoop on upcoming venues. [Venues] typically reach out to planners to give us construction tours and early previews, which basically means first dibs before they fully open their schedules.
The cost of a wedding venue in Dallas can range from around $3,000 to $30,000 (although there may be a few that are more expensive). These fees vary widely (and include different amenities and services) from location to location. It’s important to get an overall price breakdown of the venue and have a clear idea of your total budget before committing.
Dallas wedding venues offer something for every type of couple, whether you’re looking for a glamorous downtown location, an offbeat or historic venue, or a low-key outdoor venue like a park or garden.
“Dallas offers a good number of all-inclusive venues and some let you choose from their list of preferred vendors. Hotels have typically established contracts with certain vendors to make it easier for guests who want a more unique planning process,” explains mason.
Wedding venues in Dallas include gardens, parks, historic lakeside buildings, art museums, hotels, and churches, among others.
For this article, we reviewed over 30 locations in the Dallas area. Our main criteria included price and value (we wanted to include a range of options for every budget), layout and capacity, location, and any restrictions (for example, on catering, alcohol, and music ).